alba epc provide Energy Performance Certificates for all types of commercial properties throughout Scotland
We have been producing EPCs for commercial and public buildings since 2008 and have a wide and varied experience and client base.
- EPCs are produced after carrying out a thorough survey of the building concerned
- Our energy assessors are fully qualified as commercial EPC Providers through BRE (Building Research Establishment) as the protocol organisation.
- We also produce EPCs for Building Warrant purposes for non-domestic new builds and are Approved Certifiers of Design for Non-Domestic properties listed on the SBS (Scottish Building Standards) approved list.
Our principal fully qualified energy assessor is:
Heather Moorhead, BSc (Hons)
Approved Certifier of Design SBS, EPC Register BRE, BREEAM Industrial Assessor
Mobile: 07765 645656 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Legal requirements of EPCs
EPCs for Commercial (Non-domestic) properties have been required under Scottish legislation since 4 January 2009 as a result of EC Directive 2002/91/EC for all ‘conditioned’ properties greater than 50 square metres that are for sale or rent in Scotland. (A ‘conditioned’ property is one that is heated, cooled or ventilated – i.e. a building that uses some form of energy to maintain the internal environment).
Building owners intending to rent or sell an existing propery must provide all prospective tenants or purchasers with a copy of an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The EPC provides information about the energy efficiency of the property and also provides cost-effective recommendations on improving energy efficiency, reducing carbon dioxide emissions and fuel bills. The requirement extends throughout the European Union.
An EPC is valid for 10 years from the date of issue and can be passed on to subsequent tenants or owners within the ten-year period. If major works were to be undertaken during this period, building owners may choose to update the certificate; however, this is not mandatory.
To discuss your requirements for an EPC for a commercial property or an EPC for Building Warrant purposes please email us or call 01309 690415.
Experience and types of buildings for which alba epc has produced non-domestic certificates include:
- Retail - including small units and large retail park units
- Industrial units
- Public Houses
Public buildings include:
- Community Centres
- Airport Terminal Buildings
The following links provide more information about Energy Performance and its certification
Site by Canary Dwarf